Strength and Support for Our Soldiers

My little brother is a Marine and has served in Kuwait and Iraq. He's teaching me so much about freedon, and faith. I am constantly praying for his safety. I am relentlessly pleading with God to keep his spirits high, and his courage strong. I hope that he feels my love and support no matter where he is in the world.
I know these feelings are not mine alone. In this day and age, we all have a family member or friend serving our country. Many of us know of someone's father, husband, wife, mother, brother or sister, or worse, someone's son or daughter, that has died serving our country. As a nation, we are grieving and celebrating all at once. It's a surreal feeling.
We all differ on our policital views, we all have mixed feelings on the War in Iraq. But I think we can all agree on one thing. We want our troops to be safe and sound. We want our troops to return home with honor. We want to support them one way or another. This is why I am creating this blog. I want to dedicate it to all the men and women who are serving our country, who have served our country, and to those that WILL serve our country. I want this to be a place for people to praise their friends and family, to share in the heartache of losing someone, a place to vent and share the emotions felt nationwide. Our nation has been rocked by the war, and again, regardless of our different feelings about it, we could all use a little support.
Please share your stories and photos with us! I would like to post your stories on my blog. Email your stories, thoughts and feelings, and pictures to SupportAllSoldiers@gmail.com

Monday, September 15, 2008

...Counting the Days....

Blaine called me yesterday. I was so excited to get his call. We haven't talked in a while and it was good to hear his voice. He seemed to be in good spirits. As of TODAY, he is shipping out of Kuwait/Iraq, and heading to Bahrain. From there - it should be smooth sailing HOME. This, of course, is all circumstantial, and I'm knocking on wood...but that is the run down for his return.

Blaine has accomplished so much while in Kuwait/Iraq. He has faced personal trials - many of which we (as regular civilians) will never face. I am so proud of him and his committment to the Marines. Even when things are frustrating and not going his way, Blaine never has anything negative to say - except for when another troop broke in and stole over $30,000 of Marine's stuff. His camera was stolen, with EVERY fond memory of Iraq/Kuwait/Bahrain...This REALLY upsets me...but what can you do?

Anyway - please keep the soldiers in your prayers! Many should be returning home in the next few months, and I pray that they will all arrive home safe, and on time!!!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Yeah! We're counting the days too! He seems to be ok to me too. I think we'll get the real story when he gets home eh? This has got to be the hardest way to learn life's lessons that I know of. Thanks again for doing this blog J- I check it all the time.....love you

Angie said...

Grr ... what a real disappointment to have his camera, with all his pictures on it, stolen. How frustrating!