Strength and Support for Our Soldiers

My little brother is a Marine and has served in Kuwait and Iraq. He's teaching me so much about freedon, and faith. I am constantly praying for his safety. I am relentlessly pleading with God to keep his spirits high, and his courage strong. I hope that he feels my love and support no matter where he is in the world.
I know these feelings are not mine alone. In this day and age, we all have a family member or friend serving our country. Many of us know of someone's father, husband, wife, mother, brother or sister, or worse, someone's son or daughter, that has died serving our country. As a nation, we are grieving and celebrating all at once. It's a surreal feeling.
We all differ on our policital views, we all have mixed feelings on the War in Iraq. But I think we can all agree on one thing. We want our troops to be safe and sound. We want our troops to return home with honor. We want to support them one way or another. This is why I am creating this blog. I want to dedicate it to all the men and women who are serving our country, who have served our country, and to those that WILL serve our country. I want this to be a place for people to praise their friends and family, to share in the heartache of losing someone, a place to vent and share the emotions felt nationwide. Our nation has been rocked by the war, and again, regardless of our different feelings about it, we could all use a little support.
Please share your stories and photos with us! I would like to post your stories on my blog. Email your stories, thoughts and feelings, and pictures to SupportAllSoldiers@gmail.com

Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is usually a great holiday weekend for all of us. People make big plans like camping, hiking, boating, family barbeques and vacations out of town. While we fill our weekend up with fun and sun, please keep in mind those that are reserving the holiday for someone they have lost. Let us give our weekend prayers to all of those mourning the loss of a loved one due to the wars that surround us. Remember that while you're out there boating and bbq-ing, there are soldiers on foreign soil in turmoil, protecting your freedoms. Let us try to reach out to someone in need this weekend...and let us never forget those who are brave enough to serve our country, willingingly. Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!








3 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Janelle,
The pictures on your blog bring a tear to my eyes! They are very touching and a great reminder of the sacrifice our fellow neighbors are enduring to keep us safe and free.
At this time of year I am reminded even more of the outstanding sacrifice that was made and is being made on behalf of all of us. My Grandpa (who just recently passed away) served in WWII and I now have currently 3 cousins in the Military. One recently joined is his Unit was just deployed to Iraq. However due to him being so new they didn't deploy him, he still has to go through more training. I get the feeling that as soon as he gets all his training done they will send him over there. That is such as scary thought to me. Like you I worry ALOT! I consider myself a little toooooo protective!
I want to thank you for your blog and your facebook group. It is a great support for me!
I hope you have an amazing weekend and tell your brother THANK YOU for all he did, does, and will continue to do for his fellow brethern.
Best Wishes to you and your family.

Sara said...

PS...sorry about my typing! I promise I do know proper English and I do know how to type! I was reading my post and I am saw my mistakes...I am so embarrassed!