Strength and Support for Our Soldiers

My little brother is a Marine and has served in Kuwait and Iraq. He's teaching me so much about freedon, and faith. I am constantly praying for his safety. I am relentlessly pleading with God to keep his spirits high, and his courage strong. I hope that he feels my love and support no matter where he is in the world.
I know these feelings are not mine alone. In this day and age, we all have a family member or friend serving our country. Many of us know of someone's father, husband, wife, mother, brother or sister, or worse, someone's son or daughter, that has died serving our country. As a nation, we are grieving and celebrating all at once. It's a surreal feeling.
We all differ on our policital views, we all have mixed feelings on the War in Iraq. But I think we can all agree on one thing. We want our troops to be safe and sound. We want our troops to return home with honor. We want to support them one way or another. This is why I am creating this blog. I want to dedicate it to all the men and women who are serving our country, who have served our country, and to those that WILL serve our country. I want this to be a place for people to praise their friends and family, to share in the heartache of losing someone, a place to vent and share the emotions felt nationwide. Our nation has been rocked by the war, and again, regardless of our different feelings about it, we could all use a little support.
Please share your stories and photos with us! I would like to post your stories on my blog. Email your stories, thoughts and feelings, and pictures to SupportAllSoldiers@gmail.com

Friday, July 18, 2008

Cindy and Gina Put Together Care Packages for Soldiers

Posted By Cindy Pack:


Care Packages for the Marines!
Gina and I had a blast as we put together 12 care bags/packages for some of the men in BJ's Unit. Brent supplied us with 52 various magazines to send!!!! We couldn't fit them all in but we'll send some in each box we send. They love em-they read then pass them around. Fun for all! Thanks Brent! We put in candy, crackers, hand sani, chapstick, individual propel powder to add to their H2O, tissues, gum, Juice boxes, etc. They all like to get mail so this was fun to do. BJ will divvy them out when theyget there-hopefully in the next week or so.Pics didn't turn out the best---sorry!

No comments: