Strength and Support for Our Soldiers

My little brother is a Marine and has served in Kuwait and Iraq. He's teaching me so much about freedon, and faith. I am constantly praying for his safety. I am relentlessly pleading with God to keep his spirits high, and his courage strong. I hope that he feels my love and support no matter where he is in the world.
I know these feelings are not mine alone. In this day and age, we all have a family member or friend serving our country. Many of us know of someone's father, husband, wife, mother, brother or sister, or worse, someone's son or daughter, that has died serving our country. As a nation, we are grieving and celebrating all at once. It's a surreal feeling.
We all differ on our policital views, we all have mixed feelings on the War in Iraq. But I think we can all agree on one thing. We want our troops to be safe and sound. We want our troops to return home with honor. We want to support them one way or another. This is why I am creating this blog. I want to dedicate it to all the men and women who are serving our country, who have served our country, and to those that WILL serve our country. I want this to be a place for people to praise their friends and family, to share in the heartache of losing someone, a place to vent and share the emotions felt nationwide. Our nation has been rocked by the war, and again, regardless of our different feelings about it, we could all use a little support.
Please share your stories and photos with us! I would like to post your stories on my blog. Email your stories, thoughts and feelings, and pictures to SupportAllSoldiers@gmail.com

Monday, July 14, 2008

Nationwide Fast! We can do it!!!!

Blaine called last week to report that a friend of his was shot and killed. He also informed us that his promotion has been held up because of paperwork issues, which means he will continue to be sent to the front lines. This has been weighing heavily on my heart and I just wish there was something I could do. I was thinking it would be nice to do a family/friend fast. Not just for our Blaine, but for all the soldiers, that they might be comforted and safe. But why stop at a family/friend fast? I want this to be HUGE!!! We can do this! I think we could organize a national fast! Everyone knows SOMEONE in another state, and if we can just pass this email around to EVERYONE - just imagine what a little faith and fasting can do! I know we all have different views on the war, but I think we can all agree that we want our soldiers to be safe, and comforted, and we want them to come HOME!!!!

So, how about this???? NATIONAL FAST FOR OUR SOLDIERS AND THEIR FAMILIES - August 3rd (which is also International Friendship Day....interesting!!!)

I know our Heavenly Father loves us, and he is watching over our soldiers. I know that the power of fasting can bring great results. I have faith that if we just trust in the Lord, he will provide a way. I know it's unrealistic to think our soldiers are all going to be safe and sound, and that all of them will return home, but I do know that we can pray for the strength and courage to face the heartaches of war. I know we can heal the heart of the soldiers who come home who have seen more than we could ever imagine. I know we can restore the faith and happiness in ALL of us who stress and worry about our soldiers.

I know that regardless of religion or creed, God loves ALL of us, and wants us to live happy lives. We are all brothers and sisters. Let's reach out to those that have less than us, those who have lost more than us, and those who fight for our rights, even at the cost of their lives.

........WILL YOU JOIN ME?

1 comment:

Char said...

Here is one family in northern Illinois who will join you. God bless each of the soldiers who are active duty today, and those who were active duty yesterday, and those who will be activated tomorrow...And a special thank you to every family who is behind and beside them!
Charlotte