Strength and Support for Our Soldiers

My little brother is a Marine and has served in Kuwait and Iraq. He's teaching me so much about freedon, and faith. I am constantly praying for his safety. I am relentlessly pleading with God to keep his spirits high, and his courage strong. I hope that he feels my love and support no matter where he is in the world.
I know these feelings are not mine alone. In this day and age, we all have a family member or friend serving our country. Many of us know of someone's father, husband, wife, mother, brother or sister, or worse, someone's son or daughter, that has died serving our country. As a nation, we are grieving and celebrating all at once. It's a surreal feeling.
We all differ on our policital views, we all have mixed feelings on the War in Iraq. But I think we can all agree on one thing. We want our troops to be safe and sound. We want our troops to return home with honor. We want to support them one way or another. This is why I am creating this blog. I want to dedicate it to all the men and women who are serving our country, who have served our country, and to those that WILL serve our country. I want this to be a place for people to praise their friends and family, to share in the heartache of losing someone, a place to vent and share the emotions felt nationwide. Our nation has been rocked by the war, and again, regardless of our different feelings about it, we could all use a little support.
Please share your stories and photos with us! I would like to post your stories on my blog. Email your stories, thoughts and feelings, and pictures to SupportAllSoldiers@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Comments from Others

I have been receiving emails from people expressing their support and appreciation for our troops. I'm really impressed with everyone's willingness to support the troops one way or another. I have had TONS of people RSVP for the National Fast (August 3rd). This is amazing! Here are some of the emails, I've removed names and personal info:

· This group is Awesome. I have a cousin that serves our country in the Army. He has served in Iraq and is more than likely going to go back sooner or later. Of course I will be joining the fast as well. What a terrific idea. I wish the best to your brother and just to let you know I pray for our service men and women daily.

· To the soldier this goes to,Thank you for everything you do. Thank you for risking you life everyday for our freedom. Please keep doing what you are doing!! Semper Fi!!!

· I'm so honored to be participating in this support for the american soldiers. I'm brazilian but I fully understand the fight that they face in Iraq for the benefit of that country! if there is anything that I can do to light their burden, i am willing to do so. In my opinion, their will to be there is unique and they deserve all our support and fast and prayer or whatever they may need from us! You can count on me on August 3rd for sure!

· Thank you for having this group set up.My boyfriend and son's father is currently in Iraq serving as a SGT in the United States Marines. He has been gone for two weeks today and I am 8 months pregnant, So I will not be able to partake in the Nation Wide Fast, but I will certainly give up the un needed snacks. Again, thank you so much for making this group and remembering those who fight for out freedom. God Bless

· Thank you for your love and support you so genuinely show by your words, thoughts and actions. My son just returned from Iraq and I know he will be sent again. He is doing what he knows is right and I will support him and all the troops who risk their lives to save their buddies out on the front lines and for us here at home. I will gladly participate in the Fast for our troops. This Fast done in numbers can make a difference and allow our soldiers, marines and seaman to do their job in safety with the help of our prayers and energy focused on them.

· hey thanks for inviting me to join the fast! I'd love to! I really appreciate all those who sacrifice everything to serve our country. Please send my support!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

JJ this is a wonderful support group eh? Really looking forward to Ag 3rd!

Cindy said...

Hey JJ--Gina here. on mom's computer. WOW! Look at the people who don't know us who are supporting this blog and group! What a cool thing!

G